PS, it might be a good time to start an additive screen.

From: "Jun Yong Ha" <j...@princeton.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:56 AM
To: <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: [ccp4bb] Reproducing crystals.

Hi all,

Recently, I produced crystals with MBClass1-64 which contains PEG4000, HEPES-Na and NaCl. But, I struggled to reproduce crystals. I tried to set up tray with different batch of solution. I got the crystals only from 2008 solution, but not from fresh ones. I asked technical service of Qiagen, but they did not have any stock.

pH between fresh and old solution is the same. I could reproduce crystals with this old solution 100% when setting up.

Do you have any experience like this? Is PEG4000 degraded or oxidized?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.