From: "Israel Sanchez" <israelsan...@gmail.com>
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: Sunday, May 1, 2011 10:32:21 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [ccp4bb] Dehydration treatments

Hi folks,

I am currently impressed by the efficiency of dehydration treatments over the
diffraction capacity of our crystals in one particular condition. Without any
treatment the crystals seldom diffract to 20-30A but in our last synchrotron
trip the very same crystals, after been incubated with increasing concentration
of low molecular weight PEGs diffracted to 6A.

I was wondering if anyone has studied these effects in a systematic way. Does
anyone on the ccp4bb knows references or has any experience/pseudo-religious
believes that do not care to share with the community about this particular
topic?

Thank you very much in advance!!!!

--
Israel Sanchez Fernandez PhD
Ramakrishnan-lab

--
Michael C. Thompson

Graduate Student

Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Division

Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry

University of California, Los Angeles

mi...@chem.ucla.edu