Subject:[SURESPAM] [ccp4bb] small crystals
From:Careina Edgooms <careinaedgo...@yahoo.com<mailto:careinaedgo...@yahoo.com>>
To:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK<mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

Hi all

Any advice on how to get bigger crystals from conditions that give showers of
tiny crystals? I am getting small pretty looking individual crystals but they
are too small and they don't seem to grow. In fact, in some instances if left
for a couple of days they actually dissolve. I have fiddled around with mother
liquor volume, protein concentration as well as drop volume (I am using hanging
drop method) but none seem to make any difference and I always get the same
tiny crystals. I think I might try microseeding but I haven't tried that yet.

Any suggestions or tricks would be welcome
Careina.

--
TotalCare Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
http://www.exchangedefender.com/verify.asp?id=rB5EYXWs004083&from=m...@microlytic.com