From: Tim Gruene [mailto:t...@shelx.uni-ac.gwdg.de]
Sent: 03 February 2015 22:57
To: Nave, Colin (DLSLtd,RAL,LSCI); ccp4bb
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] proton scattering by X-rays

Hi Colin,

I understood the jest, of course.

Now I got curious: At 2theta=0, the scattering from H is 1e, so I assume the
the scattering length for its nucleus is 1e/1860 = 0.00054.
According to the data from Phil Coppens web site, the atomic scattering factor
for H reaches this value at sin theta / lambda = 1.95, i.e.
d=0.26A. That's far away from the wavelength 'we' use, but not too far off from
the resolution limit on a Silver source (0.31A), is it?

I am not sure this can be totally neglected. Am I wrong?

Cheers,
Tim

--
Dr Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie
Tammannstr. 4
D-37077 Goettingen

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or
privileged material, and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you