From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Jiyong Su
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:09 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Crystal structure of an unknown protein

Dear CCP4bb,

In 2014, I collected a high quality data set from a crystal. But I could not
solve the structure of that crystal because this protein is a contaminate.
Recently, I used StruBE's Contaminer and fortunately got the solution. Thanks
ContaMiner!!!  This protein is a contaminate protein.

However, I found this protein is an unknown protein (about 180 residues) whose
amino acid sequence is not totally same as E.coli. There are about 20 point
mutation sites comparing to the E.coli protein. This means this protein may be
from an unknown bacteria.

The space group of this crystal is new. There is also a new ligand in this
protein.

My question is how could I found the primary structure of this protein and how
to deposit this protein in PDB.

Best regards,

Jiyong