I wonder why you assume know there are "about 20 point mutation sites” if "this
protein is an unknown protein”.
It looks like you are comparing the sequence of a protein you do not know what
it is to the sequence of a protein you dont really know what it is (1).

I would consider it more likely, it is the E. coli protein and the electron
density is ambigious so some side chains might have been erronously assigned to
a false identity.

A.

(1)
Percy: You know, they do say that the Infanta's eyes are more beautiful than
the famous Stone of Galveston.
Edmund: Mm! ... What?
Percy: The famous Stone of Galveston, My Lord.
Edmund: And what's that, exactly?
Percy: Well, it's a famous blue stone, and it comes ... from Galveston.
Edmund: I see. And what about it?
Percy: Well, My Lord, the Infanta's eyes are bluer than it, for a start.
Edmund: I see. And have you ever seen this stone?
Percy: (nods) No, not as such, My Lord, but I know a couple of people who have,
and they say it's very very blue indeed.
Edmund: And have these people seen the Infanta's eyes?
Percy: No, I shouldn't think so, My Lord.
Edmund: And neither have you, presumably.
Percy: No, My Lord.
Edmund: So, what you're telling me, Percy, is that something you have never
seen is slightly less blue than something else you have never seen.