Hi Bernhard,
Did you consider trying 'polder' in the phenix package?
Boaz

Boaz Shaanan, Ph.D.
Department of Life Sciences
Ben Gurion University of the Negev
Beer Sheva
Israel

On May 28, 2020 21:17, Bernhard Rupp <hofkristall...@gmail.com> wrote:

Maybe I should explain an example: Say coot detects an unmodelled blob (maybe a ligand). Now, I would like to do

a number of things without biasing towards a model. Like comparing these map regions, excluding

intrusion of a solvent mask, etc.

Now could coot for example just generate a mask around what it already knows are blobs?

Possible useful items could be a solvent mask not including that regions, or a density map

that includes only features with a certain boundary around that blob.

I pilfered some kludges together from different sources, but let’s just say inelegant would be a compliment.

Best, BR

Brief question: Does something like a visual density mask editor exist?

Thx, BR

Bernhard Rupp

http://www.hofkristallamt.org/

b...@hofkristallamt.org