Hi Bernhard,

"Like comparing these map regions, excluding

intrusion of a solvent mask, etc.":

You didn't say much about the context.. So I'd say Polder map approach
comes to mind first based on these keywords. Next is "map comparison" (
https://doi.org/10.1107/S1399004714016289).

If none of the above: what we (or you) are missing?

Pavel