Hi

Just my two ha’porth.

I’m currently involved in a project where my collaborators are investigating
the interactions between protein pairs (both hetero and homo) - they
specifically asked me _not_ to give them any models from ensembles (actually,
they said “no NMR structures because they are ensembles") - because (unless
they try their “docking” with every member of the ensemble) they have no idea
which member of the ensemble they should use for their studies. If you don't
actually know how the different parts of a protein are oriented with respect to
itself, how can you know how they will be disposed to another protein?

Which is not to say you shouldn’t try (or even that I’m right) - what it does
indicate is that if you include ensembles (from any source) you are going to
make your life harder and also possibly cast doubt on the results.

Harry