Well - there are various traps towards a MR solution.
Maybe the data is not very good? What is the resolution and merging r
factor?

Assuming data is ok...
Most common is that the spacegroup is wrong. Have you tested all possible
spacegroups for the Laura group? Both phaser and molrep have options to do
this.

If there are many copies in the asymmetric unit that could make it
difficult..

You say it is a mutant - is the spacegroup and cell similar to the native
protein? If that is so you could probably take the native molecule as the
“solution” and start refinement from it.

But sometimes a dataset has got mislabelled and is actually from a
different source altogether. The simbad procedure can look for matches and
sometimes finds an answer.

Give me some more details of your project and perhaps I can help more.
Eleanor