On 07/13/2017 11:14 PM, jim stephens via cctalk wrote:

But he swears they were sold in Xerox Computer Stores that existed by the
thousands - for a rather brief period.

I have only the faintest memory of such a thing, I didn't start to work for Xerox until 1985, and I don't recall the stores at all. Can anyone add to that?

Hmmm, I really don't remember any such thing. I suspect that some independent computer store chain got an OK to have a big Xerox logo out on the front. That would be quite believable. Some time in the early 80's there were computer stores popping up overnight like mushrooms, and disappearing just about as fast.

Jon