On 09/06/2017 06:50 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 09/06/2017 12:11 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>> Will do--I've mentioned in another message that I'm preparing a test
>> tape using the drive, so I should get some inkling of timing and
>> adjustments pretty quickly. --Chuck
> While that is good, an all-ones test tape made on ANOTHER drive that is
> known to be in good calibration (both speed and skew) is very helpful in
> standardizing drives.

Here's a thought--can skew be adjusted by writing,a block of data in a
forward direction, then reading it in reverse?  And then writing in
reverse and reading in the forward direction?   Ideally, when all is
right with the world, there will be no difference in the skew.

I'm just scratching around looking for ideas.

--Chuck