> As you see from other postsings today, DVD writing is currently only used
> for commercial purposes. Why shouldn't I try to get some money for my
> hard work? Or the other way round: wy should I give things away for
> free that usually are not free?

I would have to agree that MOST users of DVD-RW drives are commercial
at the moment, but given Apple ships the DVR-A03 in a number of their
machines, and that the drive itself is available for $919 CDN around here,
which is only about twice the cost of a good CD-RW drive, I think a lot
of people will start to use them privately soon.  Of course most of
those people will to running windows and use whatever software the drive
comes with.

I have tried the test binaries you released a couple of days ago with
the DVR-A03 we have here, and well it seems the software works, but that
I should move the drive to a faster machine.  It never really makes it
past about 70MB before the FIFO hits empty.  I guess a P2 450 with a 9G
IBM SCSI drive just isn't fast enough to keep up.

Also what is the license on the full version of cdrecord-ProDVD.  I have
seen mentions in the few places I have managed to find a reference to it,
of $100US for it.  Is that for use on one machine, multiple machines at
one site, or how are you doing it?  I suspect a number of people are
interested in knowing what they get if they pay for it (other than
a version of what we have seen a few days ago, without the 1G limit
of course).

Have you considered adding a link to the cdrecord home page to a page
that just has basic information about cdrecord-ProDVD? It seems many
people have looked and failed to find information about it, just the
occasional reference to it or rumour about it on the occasional mailing
list archive.

Len Sorensen
OpenGraphics