David Nickerson wrote:
> Would I be correct in assuming that these terms will be key words added
> to the model metadata and that the division into categories on the main
> repository page will be assembled from queries on each of these
> predefined key words?

Well potentially, there could be many many different keywords, so Peter
suggested that we might not necessarily want to base the categories on
just the keywords. At the moment, Tommy's sorting function is based on
keywords but he suggested that we could have both a keyword and a more
general category selection system.

And if so, I'm gonna further assume that there are
> no issues with having a model in more than one category, right?

right

> And what are the consequences for a model not fitting into any of these
> categories?

We create an 'other' category?

> I'd suggest that multiscale is a bit too general to be useful in this
> sort of setting, as its conceivable that pretty much every model in the
> repository is multiscale in some sense.

Fair enough, multiscale can be a pretty abstracted term.

> David.

Thanks, your comments are always helpful.

James