HI Mikael,

On Jun 26, 2015, at 16:49 , Mikael Abrahamsson <swm...@swm.pp.se> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
>
>> Btw, I tried WNDR3800 setting it to 100/100 SQM. It seems to max out around
>> 25-30k PPS, but the difference is that when the CPU is full, it seems to
>> delay/ECN-mark packets because there are no packets lost. When the WRT1200AC
>> runs out of CPU it starts dropping packets. I always have 0 packets lost
>> with the WNDR3800 when doing iperf3 testing. I found this difference
>> interesting, wonder where in the forwarding path the WRT1200AC loses packets?
>
> I checked again, and my WDR4900 with same setup doesn't lose packets either.
> Even at 99% sirq, no packets are lost.

        Tangent: What is the shaper rate the wdr4900 can push with sqm-scripts?
(Before your 1200ac results the ppc-soc in the wdr4900 looked like the finest
little router platform in the last years, too bad it was ignored by the mass
market...)

> WRT1200AC starts to lose packets at 500 megabit/s SQM around MSS 300 and
> lower. If I turn off gso, tso and gro, I have to go to MSS 600 and above to
> avoid packet loss.

        So the offloads buy roughly a doubling of the achievable packet rate,
not bad, but as your results show also knot essential.

Best Regards
        Sebastian