calling himself a Jelly Donut?
larry
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:34:40 -0400, Ben Doom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bismarks are (as I was taught) filled with custard and usually topped
> with chocolate. I've also heard them called Boston creme (or cream)
> donuts (or doughnuts), but I suspect there's supposed to be a difference
> in the filling.
>
> Berliners are jelly donuts, sometimes iced but more often glazed. It is
> acceptable to call them "jelly donuts". :-)
>
> I have no idea what I'm supposed to call a donut with a combination of
> jelly and whipped cream filling. Probably not a Frankfurter, though.
>
> --Ben
>
> Jerry Johnson wrote:
>
> > To change the subject slightly, do any other areas of the country
> > have pastries called Bismarcks, which are like an eclair shell filled
> > with rasberry or strawberry filling, whip cream and no chocolate?
> >
> > Jerry Johnson
>
>
>
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings] [Donations and Support]
