Hey I'm Canadian, you expect me to memorize speeches by some furrin
president (foreign at the time for me). I have enough trouble
remembering the details of  the flag debates at the time in
Parliament.

larry

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:44:46 -0400, Ben Doom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ich bin ein Berliner == "I am a jelly donut"
> Ich bin Berliner == "I am from Berlin"
>
> Yeah, he added the "ein".  :-)
>
> Haven't you ever heard that before?
>
> --Ben
>
> Larry C. Lyons wrote:
>
> > So in his famous speech before the Berlin Wall, Kennedy was actually
> > calling himself a Jelly Donut?
>
> >>Berliners are jelly donuts, sometimes iced but more often glazed.  It is
> >>acceptable to call them "jelly donuts".  :-)
>
>
>
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings] [Donations and Support]

Reply via email to