I spent a few years in Roanoke Virginia, and in Blacksburg VA working
on my post grad degrees. Wendy is from Kingsport TN. I'm very used to
the accent now.

larry

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:55:04 -0400, Ben Doom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Given that I was raised in NE TN (I drove through the Cumberland Gap to
> and from school, movies, etc), I recognized the term.
>
> 'Round these parts (East Central KY) it's often pronounced "forn".
>
> On the other hand, I saw an opportunity to both tease you and make a bad
> joke.  This I could not pass up.
>
> --Ben
>
> Larry C. Lyons wrote:
>
> > furrin - ie foreign - try saying foreign with a south west Virginia or
> > north east Tennessee accent. It makes perfect sense.
> >
> >
> > On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:33:38 -0400, Ben Doom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>It's not about speeches delivered by furries, or whatever you said.
>
>
>
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings] [Donations and Support]

Reply via email to