This goes to another thread on "do we checkup on the quality of our
government employees". And who watches the watchmen. :)

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Dana <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> We do not do a first year checkup on immigrants. I question the
> usefulness of such a proposal, personally. But then, as an immigrant,
> I would be biased. We *do* make immigrants periodically report to an
> immigration office for this or that reason, where they get to talk to
> an officer who may or may not be professional, have prejudices or be
> psychotic.
>
> As someone once subjected to a tirade about how people of my
> nationality are treated too well in the United States, and on another
> occasion accused of attempting to impersonate Puerto Rican woman (did
> I mention that I am blond and irish-looking?) because the agent
> misread my handwriting.....
>
> frankly that is more than enough.
> Dana
>


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:292098
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to