"Well, what would you suggest to motivate these parents to be more involved
with their child's education then?
I saw this on the news and the premise was that if the welfare babies are
not encourage to work hard in school so that they might have a chance at a
more successful life than their parents, then all that is happening is that
the welfare babies are going to be welfare recipients themselves, and so
on."

Sounds remarkably like Benjamin Franklin:

I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. — I
think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in
poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled
much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public
provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves,
and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for
them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin
Franklin


J

-

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power. -
Benjamin Franklin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:360576
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to