Smoking has not been around long enough? The genetics are not about smoking, they are about addiction, and what types of substances and behaviors you might become addicted too. And the studies do exists, and there are many of them. I am looking for some of the data now.
> > Unfortunately smoking is so inextricably tied up with environmental > factors I think it would be almost impossible to tease out hereditary > factors. Some studies have suggested that if your parents smoke you > are 75% more likely to smoke than if only one parent smoked or > neither parent. When I did a quick medline check, most of the studies > that turned up looked at genetic factors involved in lung cancer, and > included cigarette smoking as a control factor. > > Besides smoking has not been around long enough to have a genetic > basis. Remember that cigarettes only became popular in the 1920's or > so. > > larry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=5 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=5 This list and all House of Fusion resources hosted by CFHosting.com. The place for dependable ColdFusion Hosting. Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
