Well, I've installed MDAC 2.7 and the Jet 4 Sp3 and I can still not get 
CFMX to talk to a remote SQL 7.0 Database. I am using a SQl Server login 
and it works great from the ODBC Control Panel. CFMX give me an error and 
tells me to check the username and password.

I have been trying to get this to work for close to a week and it is slowly 
driving me Freaking insane!!! Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

FYI, I can't even connect using the ODBC Socket connection even though the 
it works 100% through the ODBC control panel. Isn't this the same thing 
essentially?? I've tried everything; reviewing the sql network library, 
firewall settings, the cfservice login (switch it back and forth from a 
special user to the system), editing the jrun-resources.xml file, new 
drivers, etc etc.

What else should I check? I'm assuming there are plenty of people out there 
with this working. Also, on our dev box, I have CFMX talking to the same 
SQL Server database (the DB is on the dev box) using the same datasource 
settings and it works fine! I looked in the jrun-resources.xml file and it 
looks like the connection settings are essentially the same. While the 
database is on the same machine, it still uses a named pipe connection, the 
string is the same as the string on the remote server. So, if this one 
works and the remote one doesn't (but does from the ODBC control panel) 
where is the connection problem coming from??

Can any one help?

Brook Davies



At 12:25 PM 19/09/02 -0400, you wrote:
>You may be able to find more references as to what the Microsoft Jet 4
>SP3 contains, but I found that I had to install it, as well as the MDAC
>update, for my DSN's to work.
>
>Macromedia makes reference to this in the release
>notes(http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/releasenotes/mx/relea
>senotes_mx.html#db).
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Brook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 12:26 PM
>To: CF-Talk
>Subject: Datasource using CFMX
>
>
>That is true, you do need to use SQL Server Authentication and not
>Windows
>Authentication to use the JDBC type 4 drivers via CFMX. I AM using a SQL
>
>login and the login works fine from the ODBC control panel. I just can't
>
>connect through the CFMX datasource administrator. And its really
>starting
>to drive me batty.
>
>What am I missing? Any clues would be appreciated, I really need to get
>this working....
>
>Brook
>
>
>At 10:58 AM 19/09/02 -0400, you wrote:
> >I heard that you need to use a DB login for it to work. The JDBC stuff
> >doesn't work with NT login authentication.
> >
> >Maybe you can try and let us know.
> >
> >
>
>
______________________________________________________________________
Signup for the Fusion Authority news alert and keep up with the latest news in 
ColdFusion and related topics. http://www.fusionauthority.com/signup.cfm
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to