Hey Brook,

I have a bug thats I can duplicate everytime when setting up an ODBC Socket
connection. Maybe this will help you.

When I enter the Username and Password, if I close the Advanced Settings
before submitting, it resets the password and it fails. One would never
know.





----- Original Message -----
From: "Brook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 2:32 PM
Subject: RE: Datasource using CFMX


> Well, I've installed MDAC 2.7 and the Jet 4 Sp3 and I can still not get
> CFMX to talk to a remote SQL 7.0 Database. I am using a SQl Server login
> and it works great from the ODBC Control Panel. CFMX give me an error and
> tells me to check the username and password.
>
> I have been trying to get this to work for close to a week and it is
slowly
> driving me Freaking insane!!! Does anyone have any insight into this
problem?
>
> FYI, I can't even connect using the ODBC Socket connection even though the
> it works 100% through the ODBC control panel. Isn't this the same thing
> essentially?? I've tried everything; reviewing the sql network library,
> firewall settings, the cfservice login (switch it back and forth from a
> special user to the system), editing the jrun-resources.xml file, new
> drivers, etc etc.
>
> What else should I check? I'm assuming there are plenty of people out
there
> with this working. Also, on our dev box, I have CFMX talking to the same
> SQL Server database (the DB is on the dev box) using the same datasource
> settings and it works fine! I looked in the jrun-resources.xml file and it
> looks like the connection settings are essentially the same. While the
> database is on the same machine, it still uses a named pipe connection,
the
> string is the same as the string on the remote server. So, if this one
> works and the remote one doesn't (but does from the ODBC control panel)
> where is the connection problem coming from??
>
> Can any one help?
>
> Brook Davies
>
>
>
> At 12:25 PM 19/09/02 -0400, you wrote:
> >You may be able to find more references as to what the Microsoft Jet 4
> >SP3 contains, but I found that I had to install it, as well as the MDAC
> >update, for my DSN's to work.
> >
> >Macromedia makes reference to this in the release
> >notes(http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/releasenotes/mx/relea
> >senotes_mx.html#db).
> >
> >
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: Brook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 12:26 PM
> >To: CF-Talk
> >Subject: Datasource using CFMX
> >
> >
> >That is true, you do need to use SQL Server Authentication and not
> >Windows
> >Authentication to use the JDBC type 4 drivers via CFMX. I AM using a SQL
> >
> >login and the login works fine from the ODBC control panel. I just can't
> >
> >connect through the CFMX datasource administrator. And its really
> >starting
> >to drive me batty.
> >
> >What am I missing? Any clues would be appreciated, I really need to get
> >this working....
> >
> >Brook
> >
> >
> >At 10:58 AM 19/09/02 -0400, you wrote:
> > >I heard that you need to use a DB login for it to work. The JDBC stuff
> > >doesn't work with NT login authentication.
> > >
> > >Maybe you can try and let us know.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> 
______________________________________________________________________
This list and all House of Fusion resources hosted by CFHosting.com. The place for 
dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to