Right,

But in regards to the comparison of PHP vs CF. Vince was saying the
major weakness of PHP is that CF can access the Java API and the .NET
API. But CF can't do both at once (At least not in a stable enough
configuration where you could deploy it confidently).

Back to Perl, a Year or so ago when MS was showing off .NET the said
they had a Java and Perl CLR coming down the line. Of course their own
languages were priority one. Whether they were just blowing smoke up our
ass... I dunno, but it would be very beneficial to them. I'm sure Bill
gets a boner thinking that Java developers would create application for
windows, without the need of a JVM.

Now, .NET has this feature called COM interop, where you can wrap .NET
components to create this pseudo COM object. It's not really a COM
object, but it can be accessed just like one, so PHP can already
leverage the .NET API... CFMX of course can't really do much with COM or
this pseudo-COM. Score one for PHP. Now I'm not trying to say MX can't
use COM at all, I'm just saying that the amount of time I have to spend
to get COM and CFMX to gel, isn't cost effective. And even when I do get
it working, I'm not confident deploying it.

So BlueDragon is really CF's only hope. (Although from what I've seen I
see no reason to belive BD won't deliver) So when will BD.NET get into a
phase where I can play with it? Is it really being called BD.NET?

Adam Wayne Lehman
Web Systems Developer
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Distance Education Division