G'day,

I've been given the un-enviable task of bringing non ColdFusion programmers
and total newbies up to speed with ColdFusion - only version 5 at this
stage but MX will be plugged.

I work for an Australian government department called "Centrelink". They
are in the top 100 hundred Australian "companies" in terms of size and
turnover with a annual budget of AUD$1.6 billion and it distributes more
than AUD$55 billion annually. Some brief stats are as follows:

   has 6.4 million customers;
   pays 9.3 million individual entitlements each year;
   has 27 083 staff;
   has more than 1 000 service delivery points ranging from large Customer
   Service Centres to small visiting services;
   sends more than 94 million letters to customers each year;
   conducts 98 700 field officer reviews each year;
   has more than 650 000 booked office appointments each month;
   handles 5.2 million new claims each year;
   receives more than 23.5 million telephone calls each year;
   receives 27.5 million website page views each year;
   makes some 700 000 decisions weekly.

Some example topics I intend to cover include (in no particular order):

INTRODUCTION AND WELCOME

ABOUT/HISTORY OF COLDFUSION

COLDFUSION BASICS

APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE

THE COLDFUSION ADMINISTRATOR

DATABASE BASICS

MAINTAINING DATABASE RECORDS

ADVANCED DATABASE TECHNIQUES

PASSING DATA BETWEEN TEMPLATES

COMPLEX DATATYPES

MAINTAINING "STATE"

APPLICATION SECURITY

TESTING AND DEBUGGING

TO "#" OR NOT TO "#"

MANIPULATING FILES AND DIRECTORIES

WORKING WITH EMAIL

REGULAR EXPRESSIONS

WORKING WITH THE VERITY SEARCH ENGINE

SCRIPTING AND USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS (UDF'S)

INTERACTING WITH OTHER SERVERS USING HTTP

CREATING AND USING CUSTOM TAGS

SCHEDULING IN COLDFUSION

GRAPHING AND CHARTING

TESTING AND DEPLOYING YOUR APPLICATION

COLDFUSION RESOURCES

RECOMMENDED READING

EXAMPLE COLDFUSION SITES

RECOMMENDED READING

STUCK? HOW TO GET HELP

CODING BEST PRACTISES

OPTIMISING YOUR APPLICATION

COLDFUSION - THE TOOLS OF THE TRADE

USING PERSISTENT VARIABLES

THE FUTURE OF COLDFUSION

THE ACTCFUG AND THE MMUG (USER GROUPS)

COLDFUSION USAGE/ADOPTION STATISTICS

COLDFUSION TRIVIA

MXDU 2004 - MX DOWNUNDER CONFERENCE

PROGRAMMING METHODOLOGIES

TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

HACKPROOFING YOUR APPLICATIONS/PROTECTING YOUR CODE

WHEN NOT TO USE COLDFUSION

DOCUMENTING AND COMMENTING YOUR CODE

SCRIPTING

EXTENDING COLDFUSION

THE MACROMEDIA EXCHANGE

VERSION CONTROL

TESTING AND DEPLOYMENT OF YOUR APPLICATIONS

COLDFUSION VS ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, ETC

RICH INTERNET APPLICATIONS

PROGRAMMING FOR ACCESSIBILITY

COLDFUSION SUPPORTED OS'S - NOT JUST WINTEL

UNDOCUMENTED COLDFUSION

This is a great opportunity for me to preach to the unconverted so any
assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Peter Tilbrook

Important:  This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or subject to legal or parliamentary privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by several Commonwealth Acts of Parliament.  If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.