From: Dave Carabetta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 11:04 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CFC Practices

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:53:50 -0400, Michael Dinowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> In a CFC it is possible to call another function of the same CFC
> without specifying the component attribute (like so):
> <CFInvoke Method="Set_Order">
> Has anyone tried this and is there any savings or penalty for doing it
> this way? I haven't seen anything, but there are others here with more
> component experience than I have.
>
> Yes, I've been posting rhetorical questions like this to both feed the
> Best of Talk and get people thinking on what they do and how.

I'm a bit confused. If I understand you right, for every function you
call in a given CFC, you make a cfinvoke call to it, even if it's in
the same CFC? If it's in the same CFC, you can simply just use the
function name itself.

<cfset callToSupportFunction() />

Using cfinvoke will instantiate a new instance of the CFC.

Did I misunderstand you?