Let's say I have a website I want to cluster on 10 servers.  With CF, that's 10
production licenses at whatever cost you can find CF at.  With .NET, it's zero
cost, so there can be some additional cost savings.

Also, no matter what way you cut it, CF Enterprise is quite expensive.

Also, only development licenses are free.  QA, staging, and test licenses are
not with CF, unfortunately.