-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Rogers

> I'm new to ecommerce and have helped my customer set it up.  We are using
> the authorizeNet processing.  Is there someway to know all the fees
> associated with ecommerce business?

You need several components to process a transaction online. They can come
from several companies or from just one. The first thing you need is a
gateway. That's where Authorize.Net comes in. They interface with the
banking system. They deposit the money in what's commonly referred to as an
Internet merchant account.

Internet merchant accounts are accounts that are used for card-not-present
transactions. That includes any transaction you would place over the
Internet or by calling, faxing or mailing the credit card number. Internet
Merchant Accounts usually take a fee per transaction. This is on top of the
fee that the credit card company is taking.

Finally, you need a regular old bank account like a business checking
account. Usually, the one you have with your local bank will be enough. This
is where the money ends up. They, of course, charge their own set of fees.
These vary quite a bit from bank to bank and depending on the type of
account you have.