Be careful, some names have a space in it "Bobby Jo". 

You could check to make sure that first name and last name are
different... However, if you watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, you know that
is not a good solution (Remember Lewis Lewis and the kideny??). 

The best bet is to go with some other method. The CAPTCHA stuff is
really good. I use math to stop spammers:
 
http://www.bennadel.com/blog/197-How-I-Stop-Spammers-On-My-ColdFusion-Bl
og.htm


By using a method that doesn't base itself on the values of the names
entered you don't have to worry about people's crazy names.

......................
Ben Nadel
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX7 Developer
www.bennadel.com
 
Need ColdFusion Help?
www.bennadel.com/ask-ben/


-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Roberson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 1:08 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Help with Form Validation Against Spam

I have a newsletter form on my website that accepts frist name, last
name and email. The sorry spam crawlers are submitting bogus information
into the form. Most of the time, they are sending the first name and
last name in both name fields so that I recieve something like this:

You have a new subscriber to your e-newsletter:

First Name: David Boswell
Last Name: David Boswell
Email Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

How can I make it so that each name field only accepts one word with no
spaces?

I made several attempts at this using cfform and regular expressions but
I'm not very good with regular expressions so I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks for the help,
Aaron



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Introducing the Fusion Authority Quarterly Update. 80 pages of hard-hitting,
up-to-date ColdFusion information by your peers, delivered to your door four 
times a year.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/quarterly

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:259676
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Reply via email to