Aaron Roberson wrote:
> I have a newsletter form on my website that accepts frist name, last
> name and email. The sorry spam crawlers are submitting bogus
> information into the form. Most of the time, they are sending the
> first name and last name in both name fields so that I recieve
> something like this:
> 
> You have a new subscriber to your e-newsletter:
> 
> First Name: David Boswell
> Last Name: David Boswell
> Email Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> How can I make it so that each name field only accepts one word with no 
> spaces?
> 
> I made several attempts at this using cfform and regular expressions
> but I'm not very good with regular expressions so I couldn't figure it
> out.
> 
> Thanks for the help,
> Aaron

This is a perfect situation where CAPTCHA's would be very useful.

Take a look at LylaCaptcha. It's quick, easy, and works great with
keeping out the riff-raff spam bots on your forms:

http://lyla.maestropublishing.com/

Hope this helps!

-- 
Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/
Blue Dragon Alliance Member
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Introducing the Fusion Authority Quarterly Update. 80 pages of hard-hitting,
up-to-date ColdFusion information by your peers, delivered to your door four 
times a year.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/quarterly

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:259677
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4

Reply via email to