True,

The question I will ask before making any decision, is what infastructure do
you need, seeing as you have already written CFML would .Net intergation be
any benefit and for what reason would you need it. Could java be more of an
option, would you be using Windows servers of unix servers.

Anyway all these questions need to calculated and planned before any
programming is done.

As I said, what would happen if you decide to move to a unix server for
cheaper infastructure .Net support would be out of the question then.