On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Richard Meredith-Hardy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Sage line 100 is an ancient beast and I would use a normal cf datasource if
>  I could, but it doesn't work in cf8 hence the reason for doing it manually,
>  which does.

If you can do it in a CFC, you can create a DSN for it in the CF administrator.

Just use the same values you're using to create it by hand (after
specifying "Other" or whatever as the DSN connection type).

I was talking to a clipper database for years... poor bastard was put
down eventually, thank god, but I talked to it through a DSN.

Pools are the way to go, if you're doing anything heavy/often.

:>
--
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to
consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the