Kym,

Which is why I painted the scenario of this, and I will repeat it again
because it seems to be getting lost in translation.

"The client has come to us and have asked for a number of changes to the
system, over a period of time these changes are completed and placed into QA
-> UAT. Now the client is happy with 3 out of the 4 changes that you have
made, and has requested that these changes go live straight away. But the
4th needs some more tweaking."

Now I ask you again, how can automation decide which of those changes are
required to be made live?

Let's forget about branches and tags for now and concentrate on the above
scenario, and the original question.

--
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.