I wrote:
> > A client asked me to see if I could get a copy of his old web site up
and
> > running. I did a restore of the backed up database onto my PC. The
> > problem is that all the table names have the name of the database
prepended
> > to them.
> >
> > When I view the tables in SQL Server Manager, the table, "city", is
named
> > "abc.city", where oldabc is the name of the database from which the
data
> > was backed up from. For the sake of this example, "newabc" is the
database
> > name I used on my own machine, to which the backup data was restored
to.

brad wrote:
> I can't say I've ever seen that one before, but you could just do a loop
> over the contents of INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES and build/exec an ALTER
> statement for each one.
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190273.aspx
>
> How many tables are there? If there are under 75, you might be just as
> fast renaming them them by hand.

Well, I tried renaming them by hand but it won't work.  Using the SQL
Server Manger, I right-clicked on the table and then clicked on RENAME.
The table name, when I right-clicked on it, said something like: abc.city.
But when the RENAME edit box came up, it contained only "city".  So the
table isn't actually named abc.city.  It is only presenting the table that
way, and when I do a query in CF, it expects me to also refer to the table
with that database name prefix.

Hmm...ok, here's the exact scenario:
1) I'm imported the data from a backup file and named the database
"canadianofficespace".
2) When I look at the tables in SQL Server Manager, it prefixes every table
name with "canadianofficespacecom", which is not the name of the database.
I presume it's the name of the database that it originally came from.
3) When I do a CFQuery, it won't work unless I write the table name as
"canadianofficespacecom.city", instead of just "city".

Can anyone help me out here?  This is well beyond my SQL Server knowledge.

...lars