Subject: re: SQL Server question re table names - still stuck
From: "Larry Soo" <l...@bc4x4.com>
Date: Fri, December 11, 2009 3:07 am
To: cf-talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>

> How many tables are there? If there are under 75, you might be just as
> fast renaming them them by hand.

Well, I tried renaming them by hand but it won't work. Using the SQL
Server Manger, I right-clicked on the table and then clicked on RENAME.
The table name, when I right-clicked on it, said something like:
abc.city.
But when the RENAME edit box came up, it contained only "city". So the
table isn't actually named abc.city. It is only presenting the table
that
way, and when I do a query in CF, it expects me to also refer to the
table
with that database name prefix.

Hmm...ok, here's the exact scenario:
1) I'm imported the data from a backup file and named the database
"canadianofficespace".
2) When I look at the tables in SQL Server Manager, it prefixes every
table
name with "canadianofficespacecom", which is not the name of the
database.
I presume it's the name of the database that it originally came from.
3) When I do a CFQuery, it won't work unless I write the table name as
"canadianofficespacecom.city", instead of just "city".

Can anyone help me out here? This is well beyond my SQL Server
knowledge.

...lars