Recap of problem: I imported an old, backed up SQL Server file.  Now, when
I view the tables or try to access them in CF, it requires me to prefix all
table names with "canadianofficespacecom.".

Ezra Parker wrote:
> I didn't see a mention of which version of SQL Server you're running,
> but it sounds to me like canadianofficespacecom is either an object
> owner or a schema:

I'm using SQL Server 2008...and the database is a few years old...possibly
pre-dating 2005 or even older.

> I'm assuming that it's most likely SQL Server 2005 or 2008, in which
> case the simplest fix would probably be to change the default schema
> for the user that you specified in your CF datasource. To do this,
> access the properties for the user in question and you will see a
> default schema field -- change the value to canadianofficespacecom and
> you should then be able to query the tables without the prefix.

I tried that.  The username I was using is SA.  The default schema was
"master" so I changed it to "canadianofficespacecom".  The weird thing is
that when I click on the OK button and the dialog closes, when I re-open
it, it still shows the default schema as being "master".  It doesn't report
an error.

brad wrote:
> What version of SQL server are you on again? I'm not sure if I've ever
> had one table name show up, but when I go to rename it, another one
> appears.
>
> Also, what happens when you try and script a rename?

I haven't tried to script a rename because the manual renaming didn't work.
 FYI I'm on SQL Server 2008.

Here's a screen shot of the users and schemas:
http://www.bc4x4.com/temp/cos-screenshot.jpg

BTW, when I look at user "dbo", I see that its Database Role Membership
lists it as having db_owner status.  So would I be correct in assuming that
the problem I'm having is that the default schema for "dbo" is "master"
instead of "canadianofficespacecom"?

(Thank you to everyone for your help so far.)

...lars