On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:21 AM, Andy Matthews <li...@commadelimited.com> wrote:

> Actually Adobe has been saying since cf.Objective 2009 (I was there in
> person) that their user based has grown 300% over the last 5 years. From
> 250k users around 2004 to over 800k users in 2008/2009.

In Australia??  Really??

> It just seems like that unless you're personally looking for a CF job and
> can't find one, why do you care if other people think CF is dead?

Because that was the reason my biggest client gave for going to DotNet
last year.   They told me that they had decided that ColdFusion was a
dead product,  Adobe was doing nothing with it,  developers were hard
to find.  They said I was a nice guy but they had too many eggs in one
basket and if anything happened to me they were very exposed.
Therefore they were going to DotNet where they could find 50
developers tomorrow if they wanted them and Microsoft wasn't going to
ignore the server market in the forseeable future.

Thats what they said.   I am not saying I agree.  In fact we debated
back and forth quite vigorously but in the end they went DotNet and my
relationship with them ended.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month