On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Michael Grant <mgr...@modus.bz> wrote:
> Do they? I thought they sold CFBuilder and Dreamweaver. I didn't know they
> made a product targeted to PHP.

I believe they pitch Dreamweaver to PHP developers - it certainly
supports PHP - and they've also featured PHP as a possible back end
for Flex (didn't Flex/Flash Builder have a wizard that offered PHP as
an option for targeting the back end at some point?).

The Adobe Labs wiki is PHP too, BTW, because there was no comparable
wiki in CFML and it was cheaper to take MediaWiki and customize it
than build a comparable wiki in CFML. adobe.com also has Perl, JSP and
various other technologies in use on it. When I worked at Adobe, I
seem to recall some product teams created their own technology
showcases using Ruby on Rails or whatever their team happen to be
familiar with. Whilst Adobe promote and sell CFML, the reality is that
they don't have a lot of CFML programmers in house. The team I created
at macromedia.com was the biggest concentration of CFML programmers in
the organization - and we cross-trained from Java/C++ - and my
understanding is that team is substantially smaller now than it was. I
also know that the team I was on at Adobe stopped using CFML shortly
after I left (the team used Java exclusively before I joined and went
back to it after I left). Adobe is a huge company with dozens of teams
creating web applications - it's unrealistic to expect them all to use
CFML, no matter how nice that might be for our egos as CFML developers
:)
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/