> > What are "corporate optics"?
>
> Seriously?

Yeah, I'm not familiar with that phrase. I'm just a simple developer.

> > Anyway, I guess Adobe can just pay to rewrite all this software using
> > the proceeds they get from reducing the price of CFB.
>
> I guess. I'm not sure what the means.

The bulk of this thread is about how CFB is too expensive. And here
you are, telling Adobe they should spend more money replacing things
that function adequately with new things, just for marketing. They're
not going to do that anyway, but it's a pretty silly suggestion.

> I'm not sure why you're trying to be obtuse here Dave. You seriously (read:
> SERIOUSLY) cannot see the benefit of Adobe not using PHP on a page about
> ColdFusion? You don't see how that can give CF competitors ammo? "Well how
> good can CF really be if Adobe doesn't even use it on pages about CF?" Adobe
> has enough issues with the industry taking CF seriously, why fuel the fires?

Believe it or not, Adobe has a lot of things that are probably more
important to them than "giving CF competitors ammo". I've never -
NEVER - heard from a prospective client that Adobe doesn't use it
exclusively on their many, many web properties. The only place I've
heard that is here, on this list, where everyone knows best how to run
Adobe.

Adobe has two different CMS products, Day Software and Alfresco (which
they license as part of the LiveCycle product suite). Should they
replace everything with one of those instead? Do you think that
companies evaluating those products care whether they're used for all
of Adobe's web sites?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.