Nathan, thanks for the reply.

I don't need to monitor between my computer and the application server.  I
need to monitor between the application server and a remote server across
the web that hosts the web service.  I have no control over the remote
server and the folks that do are only marginally helpful.  Worse, they are
taking the position that this is a Coldfusion problem.  All very
frustrating.

I did try Charles and had no luck, but will take a look again.