https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnComparison

Pretty good comparison. May be a little git bias, but I think it hits the
major points on the head.

My personal reason for switching to git were 2 fold. Our code base is
ridiculous and svn was getting extremely slow, especially things like fresh
checkouts, and but even decent size checking were getting sketchy.  We also
had a larger number of people working from home occasionally and not having
to be connected to svn was a plus.

Remember to think about where your team will be a year or two down the
line. You may all work in the same office now but might that change where
git's distributed qualities may be of benefit?

On the other hand I agree svn is a simple solution.

Good luck.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer & Architect
HostMySite.com