I've got to think this through so I can understand how this would work.

But first, this organization is in another state, so I don't have control
over their clients (I control their accounts, where, I guess I could set
a BCC...really haven't checked on it, so I don't remember).

And, realize, I'm not trying to keep an archive of my *clients* email
conversations, I'm just wanting to do this for myself. If it works for me,
I may polish it up and offer it as a service to them. In the kind of
organization I'm talking about, almost everyone right now wants their
email archived. ;o) It get's contentious at times there.

However, for right now, it's just for me. And, frankly, I enjoy the challenge
of developing a solution that can completely control. I like re-inventing
the wheel. It's challenging and I learn a lot from the work.

But keep the on-topic suggestions and thoughts coming!

Rick

PS - And Dave, you'll be glad to know that I'm signing up for a trial
Google Apps for Business account just to fully explore its potential.