> And, realize, I'm not trying to keep an archive of my *clients* email
> conversations, I'm just wanting to do this for myself. If it works for me,
> I may polish it up and offer it as a service to them. In the kind of
> organization I'm talking about, almost everyone right now wants their
> email archived. ;o) It get's contentious at times there.

Do they want this just to be able to read old email? Or do they have
specific requirements for archiving?

Archiving for the purposes of those requirements can be a bit tough to
implement - you might, for example, have to support nonrepudiation,
etc. I would definitely recommend that you use a hosted solution for
that, if that's what they need. Google has one (of course!) but so do
lots of other vendors, and if you're not using Apps you might want to
go with one of those other vendors. Those solutions tend not to be
inexpensive, however.

> PS - And Dave, you'll be glad to know that I'm signing up for a trial
> Google Apps for Business account just to fully explore its potential.

Good for you! If you have questions about Apps, feel free to send them
off-list. Their trials are only thirty days, so you kind of have to
dedicate some serious time to evaluate things.

Also, there are some very minor differences between Apps for Business
and Apps for Nonprofits. They're pretty minor, but if you're going to
suggest Apps for Nonprofits (free) to your client you might want to
familiarize yourself with them.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.