> I don't know about pre dating it, I have been using Studio since 1995, when
> Allaire purchased it. They then decided to release Homesite and then
> Homesite+

I know about it, because I used Homesite before Allaire bought it. I
switched from HotDog to Homesite before Allaire got involved. After
Allaire purchased Homesite, I'm not entirely sure whether they
continued to offer Homesite along with CF Studio, but I think they may
have. After the Macromedia acquisition, around the timeframe of the CF
6 release if I recall correctly, they dropped CF Studio in favor of
Homesite+ - which again was the same thing as CF Studio had been (RDS,
CF wizards, etc).

The Homesite product line (Homesite, CF Studio, Homesite+) were
written in Delphi, and I think no one at Macromedia really wanted to
support that once Nick Bradbury left.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
(SDVOSB) on GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-
authorized instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.