Can I or how do I get around that.  Apparently it used to be done in V. 2.0?
Do you know how that worked.  I'm basically looking for a way around this.
My problem is that I want to get out of the template I'm currently in by
using cflocation.  Is there a way around this?

Hey, I appreciate all responses and TIA.
Yvette Ingram
Brainbench Certified ColdFusion 4.5 Programmer
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED], or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ:  21200397
Website:  http://www.tkisolutions.com


----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Watts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 6:56 PM
Subject: RE: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data


> > I'm trying to pass complex data (structure in particular),
> > using cflocation, but I'm not able to.  The example is like this:
> >
> > <cflocation url="template.cfm?stMemberData=#stMemberInfo#">
> >
> > The error I'm getting is saying that I can only pass simple data with
> > cflocation. I need to pass complex data. Is this possible to do?
>
> The problem is that you're trying to pass something that can't directly be
> represented as a string (a structure) within a URL string, as if you could
> type a structure in your browser location field. You could conceivably
> convert your structure to a WDDX packet, then use the URLEncodedFormat
> function to allow the WDDX packet to be placed in the URL, but it may very
> well get truncated if you have too much data in it.
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> voice: (202) 797-5496
> fax: (202) 797-5444
>
>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to