Hi,
You can only pass simple data type (strings, lists, dates) in CFLOCATION,
because only strings of text can go in a URL, and structures are complex
data types. The way to do this is to use WDDX. First, serialize the
structure, then transmit the WDDX packet at the end of the URL. Then you
need to deserialize the info once it is on the next page.
Here is the code:
<!--- the page that performs the redirection --->
<cfwddx action="CFML2WDDX" input="#stMemberInfo#" output="#wddxMemberInfo#">
<cflocation url="template.cfm?stMemberData=#wddxMemberInfo#">
<!--- the target page --->
<cfwddx action="WDDX2CFML" input="#wddxMemberInfo#" output="#stMemberInfo#">
-Brent
-----Original Message-----
From: Yvette Ingram [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 3:44 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data
Hi:
I'm trying to pass complex data (structure in particular), using cflocation,
but I'm not able to. The example is like this:
<cflocation url="template.cfm?stMemberData=#stMemberInfo#">
The error I'm getting is saying that I can only pass simple data with
cflocation. I need to pass complex data. Is this possible to do?
Thanks in advance.
Yvette Ingram
Brainbench Certified ColdFusion 4.5 Programmer
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED], or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 21200397
Website: http://www.tkisolutions.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists