A simple solution to this URL truncation problem may be to create a table in your database to use a storage repository for the WDDX packet, insert the WDDX packet into the db, and then just pass a UUID through the URL variable, retrieve the wddx packet from the db, and then recreate your structure. - Jay -----Original Message----- From: Don Vawter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 7:36 PM To: CF-Talk Subject: Re: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data First Template <cfwddx action="CFML2WDDX" input="#myStruct#" output="packet"> <cflocation url="sometemplate.cfm?packet=#urlencodedformat(packet)#"> Second template <cfwddx action="WDDX2CFML" input="#url.packet#" output="myStruct"> myStruct now exists in second template. Again be careful if this is complex or it may get truncated by browser ----- Original Message ----- From: "Yvette Ingram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 5:18 PM Subject: Re: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data > Ok. I'm using CFML2WDDX on the receiving end. So how do I get it > over there. I'm totally brain dead at the moment. I know a bell will > go off shortly. Hush... I think I may hear it....;-) > > > Yvette Ingram > Brainbench Certified ColdFusion 4.5 Programmer > Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED], or > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > ICQ: 21200397 > Website: http://www.tkisolutions.com > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Yvette Ingram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 7:09 PM > Subject: Re: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data > > > > So I should serialize it before sending. Ok. then how can I send it? I > > can choose between cflocation, cfmodule, cfinclude. What's the best way > to > > get this to the other file. I'm using WDDX on the receiving end to > > deserialize it. > > > > TIA > > Yvette Ingram > > Brainbench Certified ColdFusion 4.5 Programmer > > Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or > > [EMAIL PROTECTED], or > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > ICQ: 21200397 > > Website: http://www.tkisolutions.com > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Don Vawter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 7:00 PM > > Subject: Re: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data > > > > > > > You can only pass simple data as a url parameter not complex such as > > > structs. You could serialize the struct with wddx and then pass the > > > resultant string but you would quite likely exceed the character limits > on > > a > > > url if you had a complex struct. You might consider storing the struct > in > > a > > > session var or storing the serialized struct as a client variable. > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > From: "Yvette Ingram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > > To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > > Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 4:44 PM > > > Subject: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data > > > > > > > > > > Hi: > > > > > > > > I'm trying to pass complex data (structure in particular), using > > > cflocation, > > > > but I'm not able to. The example is like this: > > > > > > > > <cflocation url="template.cfm?stMemberData=#stMemberInfo#"> > > > > > > > > The error I'm getting is saying that I can only pass simple data with > > > > cflocation. I need to pass complex data. Is this possible to do? > > > > > > > > Thanks in advance. > > > > Yvette Ingram > > > > Brainbench Certified ColdFusion 4.5 Programmer > > > > Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or > > > > [EMAIL PROTECTED], or > > > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > > ICQ: 21200397 > > > > Website: http://www.tkisolutions.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists
RE: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data
Jay Sudowski - Handy Networks LLC Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:21:17 -0700
- Re: CFLocation and... Aaron Rouse
- Re: CFLocation and... Al Musella, DPM
- Re: CFLocation and Passing ... Yvette Ingram
- RE: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data Brent Goldman
- RE: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data Kevin Mansel
- Re: CFLocation and Passing Complex ... Yvette Ingram
- RE: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data Dave Watts
- Re: CFLocation and Passing Complex ... Yvette Ingram
- Re: CFLocation and Passing Complex ... Yvette Ingram
- RE: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data Kevin Mansel
- Re: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data Jay Sudowski - Handy Networks LLC
- Re: CFLocation and Passing Complex ... Yvette Ingram
- Re: CFLocation and Passing Comp... Bud
- Re: CFLocation and Passing Comp... Al Musella, DPM
- RE: CFLocation and Passing Complex ... Bill Holloway
- Re: CFLocation and Passing Comp... Steve Aylor
- RE: CFLocation and Passing Complex Data JSchlosser

