>The lists were down for 2 hours today because we had a massive influx of
>spam targetted on the lists. I have code that deals with it, but it still
>caused the lists to hang. I have some new code to stop the list handing and
>remove the spam with no problems. At no time will spam be sent to the list
>members.
>I hate spammers.

For such a big list server of such importance and for ANY mailbox server,
the current and increasing nastiness "out there" requires that mailbox
servers and listservers NOT be the MX host, but be protected by an SMTP
proxy gateway that takes the crap on the chin and stops it, protecting the
the SMTP application boxes.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K