On Monday, April 29, 2002, at 01:39  PM, Vernon Viehe wrote:

> That's the impression I have as well (note, I'm not saying anything
> official, it' just the impression I'm under)
>
> Since it runs on top of a J2EE server, it theoretically should work,
> but it won't be supported by MM Tech Support. But, if someone tries it,
> please let me know how it goes!
>
> Vernon Viehe
> Community Manager
> Macromedia, Inc.

Actually I was able to get JRun to run fine on OSX...  No luck with
CFMX, tho.

To be fair,  here's the rest of the story.  I did the install on RH
Linux 7.2 (emulation), and then copied the files to OS X.  I am new to
Linux and had difficulty with the CFMX  install.  I got more (and
better) assistance from MM than I expected for an unsupported platform.
Because of other commitments, I was unable to pursue the effort for the
last 10 days.   I actually had better success on OSX that on RH.

I think with more time (and knowledge) It can be made to work.

Dick