From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of CyberAngel
Sent: Monday, 5 May 2008 1:32 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: ColdFusion Isn't a Programming Language?

Dale,

You don't get it......

Coldfusion does not serve your application, JRun actually servers your
application.

Coldfusion engine is actually a servlet, that runs java bytecode and allows
that to interface into its library that is a set of features.

So what your saying is that my jsp pages, and JSTL libraries I can bundle
together and call it an application server?

Because with JRun, Tomcat, or whatever those JSP pages will not work.

Now to end this argument. If the developers of the Coldfusion application
don't think that Coldfusion is a servlet. Then why is the entry point into
Coldfusion look like this?

public class CfmServlet extends HttpServlet {

                private ServletConfig servletConfig = null;
                private static CfmServlet cfmServlet = null;
                private DynamicSemaphore gate = null;
                private int timeouts = 0;
                private static final Object serveltInitializedMutex = new
Object();

                public CfmServlet() {
                timeouts = 0;
                }

                public static CfmServlet getCfmServlet() {
                return cfmServlet;
                }

                public void init(ServletConfig config) throws
ServletException {
                servletConfig = new ServletConfigWrapper(config);
                cfmServlet = this;
                if(!ServiceFactory.getLicenseService().isStandard()) {
                        int requestLimit =
ServiceFactory.getRuntimeService().getQueueLimit("request");
                        gate = new DynamicSemaphore(requestLimit, true);
                        }

LineDebuggerConfig.getInstance().setCtxRoot(config.getServletContext());
                synchronized(serveltInitializedMutex) {
                        serveltInitializedMutex.notifyAll();
                        }
                }